Try TFT: Associate Membership
The evidence suggests that Multi Academy Trusts can offer educational benefits to pupils that are much harder to achieve in stand alone schools. This is because MATs can pool resources, retain talent and buy in skills and services that are too often out of reach for individual schools.
At The Futures Trust, we understand that whilst numerous schools want to run their own show, many would welcome the levels of professional support and collaboration that a successful MAT can offer. Because our trust wants to work with more schools, we have developed ‘Try TFT’, an ‘associate membership’ package that means that your school can buy into a range of TFT services in exchange for a negotiable annual management charge. We believe this offer will be attractive to both single academy trusts and maintained schools.
As a TFT Associate Member, your school can take advantage of a range of our services but will not need to become an academy school within The Futures Trust. Associate Membership is available for a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 months.
At the end of your associate membership term, your school may choose to apply to join the trust if it wishes to but there will be no contractual obligation to do so.
In exchange for a negotiated annual management charge, The Futures Trust can provide your school with a number of services just some of which are set out in the menu below:
- 2 days assessment, mentoring and coaching by a National Leader of Education
- An OFSTED health check, gap analysis and action plan by a former HMI.
- Support from TFT’s senior education team to raise standards and performance in your school (including SEND)
- Access to all TFT education collaboration events and our teaching resources database
- Unlimited and free participation in all Futures Teaching Alliance events and training activities
- A school finance health check which will expertly review and analyse your school’s current financial health and three year projections.
- A finance development report which will make recommendations to improve your financial position and help your school to plan for and achieve in-year balances.
- A marketing plan focused on attracting more pupils to your school
- A consultation with an estates specialist who will draw up a plan for improving your school’s facilities
- A 2 day health and safety audit and report with recommendations
- A website compliance check
- Use of TFT’s business continuity planning tool with support from a specialist